Photocure, the world leader in photodynamic technology, is a Norwegian based specialty pharmaceutical company. We develop and commercialize highly selective and effective solutions in several disease areas such as bladder cancer, colorectal cancer, HPV and precancerous lesions of the cervix, acne and other dermatologic conditions.Based on our proprietary Photocure Technology™ platform, we are continually expanding our product portfolio. Our aim is to improve patient care and quality of life by making solutions based on Photocure Technology™ accessible to patients and consumers worldwide.
Photocure was founded by the Norwegian Radium Hospital in 1997. Today, the company, headquartered in Oslo, Norway, has over 60 highly skilled employees and operates in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and the United States.
Products on the marketWe have one marketed product that we commercialize directly in the US and the Nordic region:
- Hexvix®/Cysview®, for detection of bladder cancer (The brand name is Cysview in the US and Hexvix in the rest of the world.)
PartnersWe pursue a flexible approach to development and commercialization, leveraging in-house capabilities with those of selected strategic partners.
- In 2011 we entered into a strategic collaboration with Ipsen for the commercialization of Hexvix worldwide (excluding the US and Nordic region).
- In 2010 we entered into a strategic global agreement with Salix Pharmaceuticals for the development and commercialization of Lumacan®.
Products in the pipelinEWe have several products in the pipeline, based on our proprietary Photodynamic Technology platform, within several disease areas:
- Cevira® - for the treatment of HPV and precancerous lesions of the cervix
- Visonac® - for the treatment of moderate to severe acne
- Lumacan® – for the detection of colorectal cancer